Bobby Hull’s Bio, Parents, Wife, Children, Siblings
The Introduction: Bobby Hull – A Hockey Icon’s Journey
Date of Birth:
Bobby Hull was born on January 3, 1939, in Point Anne, Belleville, Canada
Bobby Hull, a beloved Canadian ice hockey player, discovered his love for the sport at a young age. He burst into the scene with an impressive debut year, finishing second in the Calder Memorial Trophy standings. Initially donning numbers 16 and 7 as a Black Hawk, he later paid tribute to his childhood idol, Gordie Howe, by switching to his famous number 9.
During his illustrious 23-year career, Hull’s exceptional skills and determination made him one of the most sought-after ice hockey players of his time. He proudly represented the Chicago Blackhawks, Winnipeg Jets, and Hartford Whalers in the National Hockey League.
Hull’s prowess on the ice earned him the nickname ‘The Golden Jet’ for his blazing speed, scoring ability, end-to-end rushes, and powerful shots. His impact was undeniable, and he rightfully earned a place among the greatest hockey players of all time.
- NHL Games Played: 1,063
- Goals: 610
- Assists: 560
- Points: 1,170
- Penalty Minutes: 640
- Retired Jersey Number 9: Chicago Blackhawks, Winnipeg Jets, Arizona Coyotes
- Officer of the Order of Canada (1978)
- Inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame (1983)
- Wayne Gretzky International Award (2003)
- Named one of the ‘100 Greatest NHL Players’ in history (2017)
On Monday, January 30, 2023, Bobby Hull passed away at the age of 84. Details about the cause of his death have not been disclosed as of this writing. The family is currently making arrangements for his final funeral, and further details will be announced soon.
Bobby Hull Age
Bobby Hull was born on January 3, 1939, in Point Anne, Belleville, Canada. He celebrated his 84th birthday on January 3, 2023, before his passing on the 30th of the same month.
Bobby Hull Height
Bobby Hull stood at a height of 1.78 m.
Bobby Hull Parents
Bobby Hull was born to Lena Cook (mother) and Robert Edward Hull (father). His father worked as a cement company foreman.
Bobby Hull Wife
Bobby Hull was married twice in his life. His first marriage was to Joanne McKay (1960–1980). After their separation, he married his second wife, Deborah Hull, in 1984.
Bobby Hull Children
Bobby Hull is survived by five children from his marriage with his first wife, Joanne. The couple had 4 sons: Bobby Jr., Blake, Brett, Bart, and a daughter named Michelle.
Unconfirmed sources suggest Bobby Hull had 2 additional daughters outside his marriage. Allegedly, he had a girlfriend called Claudia Allen with whom he had a daughter named Jessica. Another daughter, Beth Carriero Anderson, was born in July 1956. Bobby was unaware of her birth, and the baby was put up for adoption.
Bobby Hull Siblings
Bobby Hull grew up alongside his younger brother, Dennis Hull, born on November 19, 1944, in Point Anne, Belleville, Canada. Dennis celebrated his 78th birthday on November 19, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bobby Hull
1. When and where was Bobby Hull born? Bobby Hull was born on January 3, 1939, in Point Anne, Belleville, Canada.
2. What was Bobby Hull’s famous jersey number, and why did he choose it? Bobby Hull’s famous jersey number was 9. He chose this number as a tribute to his childhood idol, Gordie Howe, another prominent Canadian ice hockey player.
3. Which teams did Bobby Hull play for during his NHL career? During his NHL career, Bobby Hull played for the Chicago Blackhawks, Winnipeg Jets, and Hartford Whalers.
4. What made Bobby Hull one of the greatest hockey players of all time? Bobby Hull’s exceptional skills, including his blazing speed, scoring ability, end-to-end rushes, and powerful shots, earned him the title of ‘The Golden Jet’ and established him as one of the greatest hockey players in history.
5. How many NHL games did Bobby Hull play, and what were his career statistics? Bobby Hull played in 1,063 NHL games, during which he scored 610 goals, had 560 assists, accumulated 1,170 points, and spent 640 penalty minutes.
6. Has Bobby Hull received any notable awards or honors during his career? Yes, Bobby Hull received several prestigious awards and honors, including being named an Officer of the Order of Canada (1978), induction into the Hockey Hall of Fame (1983), and receiving the Wayne Gretzky International Award (2003). He was also named one of the ‘100 Greatest NHL Players in history in 2017.
7. When did Bobby Hull pass away, and how old was he at the time of his death? Bobby Hull passed away on Monday, January 30, 2023, at the age of 84.
8. What are the details of Bobby Hull’s family life? Bobby Hull was married twice in his life. His first marriage was to Joanne McKay (1960–1980), and his second marriage was to Deborah Hull (1984). He had five children with his first wife: Bobby Jr., Blake, Brett, Bart, and daughter Michelle. There are also unconfirmed reports of two additional daughters from outside his marriage.
9. What are some of the notable achievements of Bobby Hull’s younger brother, Dennis Hull? Dennis Hull, Bobby’s younger brother, is a former professional ice hockey left-winger who played most of his career for the Chicago Black Hawks of the NHL.
10. What is Bobby Hull’s legacy in the world of ice hockey? Bobby Hull’s legacy in the world of ice hockey is that of a trailblazer and an iconic player who left a lasting impact on the sport. He is remembered as one of the greatest to ever play the game, and his contributions have inspired generations of hockey players and fans alike.